The Worksop College Foundation, through the generosity of Old Worksopians and other friends of the College has helped enable the College to provide a range of new facilities in recent years. These include:
- Equipping of new Music School, Mountgarret (1999)
- Completion of Sports Hall (2002)
- New Food and Nutrition Department (2004)
- Refurbishment of Physics Laboratory (2005)
- New 1st XV rugby pitch (2006)
- 2nd computer centre (2006)
- Erection of freestanding climbing wall (2007)
- New Gibbs House for girls (2007)
- New School House for girls (2007)
- Cricket Pavilion refurbishment (2007-8)
- Refurbishment of Biology Laboratory (2008)
- Refurbishment of Chemistry Lecture Theatre (2010)
- Refurbishment of the main Computer Centre (2010)
- New Astro Pitch (2011)
- Refurbishment of Chemistry Lecture Theatres (2011)
The Foundation is making a real difference to current pupils, but we want to achieve even more, and fulfil the ethos of our founder Nathaniel Woodard who understood the value of education. To this end we wish to increase our scholarship and bursary funds to allow more pupils to benefit from the excellent education the school can provide, moving away from the ‘one off’ appeals of the past to establish an ethos of continuous giving so that we can plan with confidence for current and future generations of Worksopians. How you can help us?
Those interested in supporting the College can give in one of four ways:
- Regular giving – you may pledge any amount you choose on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis and may select the period over which you intend to contribute. If you are a UK tax payer and sign a Gift Aid Declaration we are able to recover the tax to add to your gift
- Payroll giving – the scheme is simple, efficient and flexible, allowing you to donate to the Foundation by a direct deduction from your wage in a tax effective manner meaning the College receives your donation and the tax you would have paid on this amount. As we are able to claim back the higher rate tax for higher rate tax payers it is more tax efficient for the College than regular giving on which we can only claim standard rate of tax
- Legacy giving – some Old Worksopians have included the College amongst beneficiaries in their Will. In recent years a bequest has enabled the refurbishing of a laboratory. We would gladly advise you on legacy giving should you so wish
- Other ways – you may prefer to make a one- off gift rather than make a long term commitment to giving, or to contribute to the Foundation by giving stocks and shares. Companies can gift under the Gift Aid scheme, making gross payments which enable the company to claim tax relief in its tax computations
We would be delighted to help you make any of the necessary arrangements.
Further questions can be directed in confidence to Mrs Wendy Marks in the Foundation Office (tel: 01909 535765 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or to the Finance Director Mr Lee Ferraby (tel: 01909 537123).
Please consider helping us today or in the future; your contribution will be valued and will be put to good use.